I’ve been reading a lot of top 10 lists lately and I decided I want to do one of my own.
My other major hobby besides reading and writing….is listening to music.
So I was thinking of the Top 10 Songs that I have listened to the most of my life.
Here we go:
1) Did We Really Ever Try: Incognito (Incognito is my favorite groups and I could have chosen several songs of theirs…but this is the one I’ve listened to the most over the years.)
2) As It Is: Pat Metheny Group (Pat Metheny Group is also one of my favorite groups and several of their songs I could have chosen as well. But this is the one for me.)
3) The Lovers: Alexander O’Neal (Alexander O’Neal is my favorite R & B singer of all time. The Hearsay album is a classic and I have worn this song out over the years.
4) Hang to Your Love: Sade (Sade…wow! Nuff said!)
5) My Life: Mary J. Blige I must admit I’m not a huge Mary J. Blige fan. But she gets deep on this song and I have listen to it a lot over the years.
6) Consider Me Gone: Sting I always Sting and the Police and this is song on his Dream of the Blue Turtles CD is the one I have listened to the most.
7) Superwoman (Where Were You When I Needed You): Stevie Wonder This is my favorite Stevie Wonder song. It’s a beautiful song. Stevie is incredible!
8) It Never Rains in Southern California: Tony Toni Tone One of my favorite bands as well. I love listening to this song. Simple and elegant.
9) Hotel California: The Eagles A surprise! I’m not a huge Eagles fan…but this is a great song. I played it several times last week going to work.
10) Cantaloupe Island: Herbie Hancock: I love jazz and this is a great song to listen to.
Honorable Mention: Friend of God: Israel and the New Breed. My favorite worship song.
There’s my list….what about yours!