I thought I would have some fun with today’s blog post.
Bucket Lists. Most people have a bucket list. Things you want to do before you leave the planet. Well, I thought about a reading bucket list. The books you want to read before you gone.
Here’s my list:
1) Stephen King: With all the novels I’ve read over the years, I have never read Stephen King. And I don’t have a good reason why. However, I feel compelled to read one of his novels before I’m outta here. (I just started reading Bag of Bones yesterday and it looks like I’m gonna fulfill one of my books on this bucket list. LOL!!!)
2) Toni Morrison: I read Jazz many years ago and I must admit I did not like it at all. However, I thought I will have to try another novel of hers and see why she is so revered. I’m looking at either The Bluest Eye or Song of Solomon to fulfill to my reading bucket list. We shall see.
3) This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti: This novel is considered a classic of the Christian Fiction genre and really open the floodgates for people like Ted Dekker to follow behind. I would like to see if it is the ground-breaking novel that many people have proclaimed it to be.
4) Don Quixote by Cervantes: There are not many classics of World Literature that I’m aching to read. However, Don Quixote is the exception. I hope I get the chance to read this universally-revered book.
5) One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (in Spanish): I must admit this one is wishful thinking on my part. I have read this novel in English and it definitely deserves the world acclaim and recognition it has gotten in Contemporary Literature. However, I have always felt it would read so much better in Spanish. Moreover, I only know how to say my numbers up to a hundred in Spanish. So, I have some work to do on fulfilling this item in my bucket list.
There’s my reading bucket list. How about yours?