Interesting rules for writing!
There are thousands upon thousands of pieces of advice I can share on the blog. Many of these have been repeated countless times and I feel like I shouldn’t be the tenth person to tell you these. But these rules, written by Kurt Vonnegut held real value for me and I hope they turn out to be just as valuable to you.
- Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
- Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
- Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
- Every sentence must do one of two things—reveal character or advance the action.
- Start as close to the end as possible.
- Be a sadist. No matter sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them—in order…
View original post 79 more words